Translate

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My son "the dessert guy"




My son and his family were just out for a visit from the San Francisco area. As I was finishing final touches on our new cookbook, I asked him for any new recipes that he had been cooking. He's quite the dessert guy, while my other sons are "more about the meat and barbecue" guys. So while I was at the store, Wes made me this gorgeous, tangy, succulent orange cheesecake that was photo perfect. So I had to add it to our book! It's texture is lighter than a normal cheesecake, so it's perfect for the ending of a summer meal. I love the way he garnished the top with the mandarin oranges and subtle orange glaze. A fresh, edible nasturtiam from the herb garden was the perfect choice for the center of the cake.

This recipe and over 200 others are in our new book "Romancing the Home ENTERTAINS". Make sure you pre-order your copies by September 25th as the first printing is limited. Call the store at 847-615-1900.

No comments: