Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

Pretty Butler Pantry Details

When we moved into our store, we built a fabulous little kitchen- really it's a perfect butler's pantry. We used it to display food products and kitchen accessories, as well as serve prepared food from our cookbook "Romancing the Home Entertains". It would be perfect for a bar or butler's pantry and could even be adapted to a full petite kitchen by adding one of those wonderful Wolf small free standing ranges.   As we are moving, it is for sale now and I wanted to share some of it's unique features with you.




The cabinets are grayish taupe distressed finish over knotty alder with a  thick zinc countertop.
 
 
A custom pewter sink was hand fabricated and finished with a pewter relief on the front of the apron.


 Hand wrapped zinc and copper tiles were inset with a crystal and pewter jewel for contrast.


The bottom row of tile is hand cast crocodile pewter with a hand wrapped brass baton on top.
 
 
Over the sink, Laurell created a fabulous old world mirror with an antique effect.
It is designed to look like the menu board in a French cafe..I love the way it reflects the little chandelier in the center of the space.
 

We found exquisite old hardware to use on the doors. Just look at all that detail.
 
 
I adore these handles on the undercounter refrigerators.
 
 
 
We have enjoyed this little space in our store so much. I am hoping it goes to a good home.
But as I am reviewing all the details of it's design I am falling in love with it all over again.
If it doesn't sell, I will just have to figure out a spot at home for it- I'm not leaving it behind!
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Absolutely Stunning... The Door with the french menu board look is amazing...Wish I knew how to do that...

The enchanted home said...

SOOO gorgeous!! Love the mirror, the sink, well love all of it, its a beautiful space!

Suzie Q said...

Just beautiful! Every detail adds to the overall dreaminess of the space. I absolutely love the hardware. Is it all antique?

Laurell Banner said...

I remember how fun it was putting that little kitchen together with you. I just love the way it turned out. We will miss having it around to enjoy.

Vikki said...

Lovely! I'm with Mary...please tell us how Laurell created that amazing French menu board/mirror. The colors you use in the pantry are what make it look so rich. I've long been a fan but have never posted a comment. Love everything you do.

Things and Thoughts said...

Incredible kitchen and details. So lovely colors and atmosphere.
Lve your blog.
Olympia

Things and Thoughts said...


Incredible kitchen and details. Lovely colors and atmoshere. Just perfect. Love yoyr blog
Olympia

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

that is one lovely kitchen. you did an incredible job of putting it together. hope it goes to a loving home!

Alycia Nichols said...

If I could pack this up and stick it in the trunk of my car to haul it back to Missouri, I would!!! Absolutely exquisite! Every little detail is so beautiful! I am really in love with the tile treatment with that jeweled center!!!!!! I could very easily fall in love with cooking in a kitchen like this! Best wishes on your move!