Translate

Monday, August 6, 2018

Celebrating Nature

I am just returning from the Appalachian Antique Show in Boone, North Carolina.  H and S Antiques had a wonderful booth filled to the gills with special finds.  They set a table that stopped me in my tracks and I spent several minutes admiring it.

These are a few pictures of the display by H and S Antiques located in Charlotte, NC.



Using a mixture of majolica, depression glass and pressed glass, he created a visual feast for the eyes.

Adding another natural element, a pair of antler candlesticks added darker tones.

 It was these two majolica fish pitchers that grabbed my attention.  Dark shades of green and pink interiors were beautifully painted on the exteriors.

 A special touch was the small sherbet glasses filled with small fresh bouquets.


Inspired by the display from the show, I decided to set a table with a similar aesthetic. Of course, I had purchased the two fish pitchers at the show and couldn't wait to use them.


We love to enjoy dinner on the screen porch overlooking the river.


I pulled out turquoise and yellow asparagus plates and used yellow service plates underneath.


Mother of Pearl flatware seemed to pull out the white accents of the plate 
and added another natural element.

Yellow and turquoise depression glasses were filled with David Austin rose blooms.



The fish pitchers were a wonderful addition to my majolica collection
 as my husband is an avid fisherman.


 David Austin roses and mint were arranged in a blackberry inspired pitcher.

 Purple antique napkins from France and an artichoke inspired table cloth were used on the table.
A majolica compote holds sweet cherry plums.

 Pink depression glass wine glasses emphasize the pink accents in the mix.


Light the candles and dinner is served!

8 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Another exquisite post. Thank you so much this adds so much delight to my day!

MarmePurl said...

Just Lovely!

Bonnie said...

I will be right over .....so beautiful in the summer.
Miss you both. Bonnie

Alda's Magnolia Hill said...

oh how I have missed your fabulous posts...so wonderful to see this from you!!! I know what ever you post will be gorgeous and I will savor every image. Wondering if the fish pitchers gurgle when pouring .....
Just wanted you to know you have been missed!!

hugs,
Alda

Anonymous said...

It's been much to long since your last post (was beginning to be concerned about you), but this one was worth waiting for! Both tablescapes are absolutely stunning. As soon as I saw the fish pitchers, I was hoping you would say you bought them! Once again, you have inspired and brought table setting to a new level!
Love, love, love your porch view.

Linda said...

The fish pitchers are to die for! THe tablescapes are so gorgeous---love the way you make a dinner for two on your patio so glamorous and thoughtful for your husband(ie.fishing) says alot about the nice lady you are. Thanks for sharing !! You need to think about doing a book with all your wonderful photography.

Jill said...

Knew you would use those two beautiful fish well!— you didn’t disappoint!!— just a wonderful table,— what ever you had to eat had to be good just because of the beauty of it all!!

cbm said...

PURPLE is the loveliest color for just about everything......love the tablecloth!