Translate

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow Dusted Cake Using Granny's Lace

I found this idea on pinterest and could not wait to try it. 


 
Inspirational image from pinterest
 http://www.paintedbycakes.com/2012/06/mutakakku.html
 
 On a cooled sheet of baked brownies, I placed a piece of lace and sprinkled powdered sugar over it.

Section of vintage lace that was used
 


Carefully remove the lace once you have sprinkled the sugar on top.

 





Garnished with rose petals and strawberries, it makes a pretty dessert.
This gives me thoughts about a use for all those old doilies that my grandmother made! I have tried this technique using plastic stencils, but the lace worked better. 
I can see using smaller pieces of lace on individual brownies- kind of jazzes them up a bit.
 
 


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing........Sarah

Ricki Treleaven said...

Brilliant idea for a pretty cake! LOVE this!

Lynne said...

So very pretty, Susan!
...and such an exquisite piece of lace!
~Lynne
w/L.

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

So very pretty and a must try!