Translate

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thanksgiving before Halloween?








My husband and I spent a long weekend in Quebec City last week, and it just happened to be the Canadian Thanksgiving. The narrow cobblestone streets were lined with boutiques that were decked out to the nines with fall decorations- I can't imagine what they do for Christmas??? I loved the pumpkin on the hand of the angel at the top of a very tall statue- I wonder who climbed up there.
Pumpkins, white lights, and sometimes unexpected things - like chairs - embellished the fronts of stores. The most astonishing arrangement was of succulents, mums, and mosses attached to chicken wire to form the shape of an urn. Ghost walks and haunted gardens were packed with tourists. The architecture, the restaurants, and the rainy weather created a surreal atmosphere perfect for a fall get- away. More to come on the architecture later.

No comments: