Translate

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bistro Shelves get a Makeover




















I am ready for a change on the bistro shelves on my kitchen island. Since Christmas and Valentines, I have kept the shelves full of "pretties" - cut crystal, pretty desserts, silver, glitter, you know what I mean! So now I feel like going a little earthier- pottery, pressed glass and pewter. I found a couple of old jugs and a great little hotel dome at the flea market on Sunday. The old ironstone pitcher has seen better days, but I love it's patina. Knowing that it will probably not hold water anymore, I simply stuff it with vintage linen dishtowels. The pressed glass celery vase holds vintage flatware. The old Plaza Hotel coasters were sent to me by an online store that had purchased a large inventory of hotel silver from the closed and now recently reopened famous New York Plaza hotel. Putting all of these new finds together, I realized I needed a shot of color to remind me that Spring is really coming soon! So the pretty grocery store flowers were placed in square glass vases on the vignette. On the back of the shelves, I placed the round pottery tray with the writing- it's perfect for keeping vinegars and oils from staining counter tops. Please be sure to visit http://www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/ to see other great ways to feather your nest!

No comments: