Translate

Monday, March 14, 2011

Masquerade for a Good Cause


























I spent the weekend antiquing and making masks and props for an upcoming fundraiser in May. I am not sure which I enjoy most, the antiquing or the joy of using my glue gun and Mod Podge! But it was fun to find little bits of trim, feathers and trinkets that I could use on the masks. Since this upcoming masquerade ball is going to be an elegant affair, I used Venice as an inspiration for my collection of masks and props. Covering old World Books with Venice Carnivale sheet music and pictures of party goers in full costume, I used the books to prop my masks. Decoupaging the dress maker form with Italian song graphics, I added a tulle skirt to the costume for the ivory lace mask. I am not sure how all of this is going to come together, but I will keep you posted!

No comments: