Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vegetable Garden Table Design






























I love French vegetable gardens - so artistic and lovely to see on a daily basis.

This year was my first try at growing a potager. Lots of cucumbers, even lemon cucumbers, lots of parsley, lots of sage, kohlrabi, kale, cabbages, lettuce, fennel, and just 2 acorn squash from 6 squash plants! We had lots of squash blossoms, but only 2 little squash. So this table celebrates my little garden - mostly of green vegetables. On a stone table on the back terrace, I used leather chargers with gold rimmed service plates and antique leaf majolica plates. Antique cauliflower cups and saucers are made by Wedgewood. I found them 25 years ago in Arkansas on a trip to the Table Rock lake area. Thick crystal glasses add a little sparkle to the table. Vintage check towels are used as napkins along with the French flatware to help give a "southern France" vibe to the setting. And of course, the vegetables from my little garden are the stars of the centerpiece. I've learned a lot by growing this little garden this summer - wish I had gotten more squash, but guess I'll try growing something different next year. Be sure to visit www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com to view other inspirational tablescapes.

10 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

I am certain your potager is luscious and scrumptuous

... like everything else you do ...
hope to be catching up with you soon.

a quiet life said...

Love, love, love it all, from the fabulous table, to the setting and garden, ALL my cup of tea, with gorgeous pics~

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Oh My, what a lovely, rustic and gracious table. Absolutely gorgeous.
At first, I thought the birdbath was
a fountain on the table. That makes such a wonderful pic with that bird bath in the backdrop. Really a stunning table, I loved everything about it. Your centerpc was very creative as well.
Blessings, Nellie

Marigene said...

Absolutely gorgeous table...love, love, love it!

Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful centerpiece constructed from some very healthy veggies! You must have a really green thumb! I LOVE your flatware used here. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Beeutiful by Design said...

Love all the shades of green~it's beautiful! Jennifer

Beeutiful by Design said...

Love all the shades of green! It's beautiful - Jennifer

Dannyelle said...

What a pretty table and the garden setting is so beautiful too. All those greens makes me think of Peter Rabit! Well done.
Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love your pretty setting. Your garden is lovely if not bountiful. Love your greens and that pretty tea cup!

Unknown said...

Very lovely. After Vegetable Garden Design. we come Vegetable Garden Table Design.