Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Trader Joe's















I stopped by Trader Joe's to get ingredients for another recipe yesterday, but they were sold out of the frozen shrimp that I needed. While looking around, I spotted these Sweet Potato Gnocchi with a butter and sage sauce and knew I had to try them. They did not disappoint! I microwaved them according to the package directions and layered them in 2 of my "little bite" white bowls. Prosciutto , fresh sage and cherry tomatoes from the garden finished this small, but divine dish. They melted in your mouth and the salty prosciutto added the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the gnocchi. I highly recommend this dish- an entire package serves 2 as a side dish, but I recommend an entire package for one as an entree. It was delicious, firm and very flavorful.



I love serving in these little white bowls, because they make everything look special and appealing. We carry them at Romancing the Home, and they are perfect for small appetizer servings of pasta, a crab cocktail salad, and cup of soup. Their wide rims are beautiful to garnish with chopped herbs or just a drizzle of a special olive oil.




If you have other favorite foods from Trader Joe's, please share them in the comments. I would love to try them! We are joining www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com for Foodie Friday. Check out some other yummy food ideas.








































1 comment:

Barbara F. said...

Hi, I am visiting from Foodie Friday. These gnocchi sound wonderful, and I am a huge TJ's fan. I love their orange chicken and vegetable fried rice in the frozen aisle. Add a bag of Asian style veggies and it is almost better than takeout Chinese! I will look for these next time I am in there. xo