Translate

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Birthday Dinner by a Private Chef


Calligraphy menu  www.lauraknecht.com





Lynda's French Shoe Favors

Signature Cocktail - love the color.

Fig and Goat Cheese appetizer





Marcello- a man of many talents!



Imagine the surprise -  being treated to a gourmet dinner by a private chef in Julie's  gorgeous home with 11 of my closest friends- that's what happened to me tonight as a surprise for my birthday! Marlene flew in from Tennessee and Amy and Candy came back early from vacations- that really meant a lot to me.  Lynda Sue was already here for the week of the 4th.  Orchestrating the party, Lynda had all the pieces in place. Per Laurell's suggestion, all the girls set their own place settings in their personal style and personal  china, making an interesting and very pretty table.
Candy borrowed a huge portable  tabletop from Bonny, so that we could all sit together at a large  table that was placed in Julie's living room.  Large white clothes and Laurell's grandmothers gorgeous white embroidered tablecloth covered the huge table.    Candlelight and flowers from Twigs set a romantic tone.. Lynda Sue made French shoes for every setting to tie the table together. 








The food was fantastic.Lynda had personal chef Marcello prepare a divine meal  of  appetizers, seafood, pork and delicious sauces and accompaniments.  Dessert was Creme Brulee and this decadent cake of mango and passion fruit mousse. Linda D had found these fun sparkler candles for the center of the cake - I loved it! Julie has purchased the cake from Froggy's in Highwood and it was perfect for a summer's night. Linda D. had the   beautifully calligraphied menu scribed  by Laura Knecht in Barrington and was absolutely stunning on the torn parchment paper. With Lynda's orchestration,  I can't believe that all these girls came together and created this beautiful night for me. It was fun and a night that I will remember forever!  Thank you everyone!

6 comments:

Carol E. in AZ said...

Wow! What an awesome birthday dinner! And what a great group of friends. I'm sure you will remember this for a long time. :) Happy birthday!

Emily said...

Simply lovely!! That is the perfect way to ring in a birthday!! Great friends, delicious food, beautiful table...wow..what a wonderful evening! I love those shoes!!!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

OK- first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
You have such amazing friends!
These last few posts are AMAZING!!!!
Restaurants, birthday parties, 4th of July!!!

I don't even know what to say except you sure do things RIGHT!

You're inspiring me to throw a little party!!!
Love,
Ang

savvycityfarmer said...

in true RTH fashion!
not a detail forgotten!

sorry I did not know the date of your birthday ... well, at least I know it was happy!

Lisa Farmer Designs said...

I fully enjoyed your birthday party! You must be a super person to have so many friends care so much for you. You are very blessed. Glad I found your blog...and I know it will be a delight. Lisa

The French Maid said...

How lovely! I'm stealing the idea of everyone doing their own place setting at my next luncheon...how fun to see what everyones pretty china, crystal and silver!
--Lee Ann