Translate

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Faux "Mirror Tile Ceiling

A couple of posts ago, I was in the process of updating my library.  Just in time for a party, we finished the new ceiling and lighting in the room. To remind you of  my old ceiling, chandelier and drapes-

 
Silk panels with a menswear valence on the top

 
A vintage tole chandelier that I purchased in the 80's!


 
 
A Raymond Waites red and caramel wall paper treatment.

I put this wallpaper up about 12 years ago
 
So down it came and up went the new paper and chandelier.
 
 
Here's the new look for my library!
 
 


 
An antique mirror tile paper by Cole and Sons.  Perfect for the reflection of the antique chandelier. 





I took the valance off the top of the drapery panels and just used an antique rod- a much simpler treatment.


 
Laurell came  to my rescue and painted the walls with a fresh coat of paint and deepened the gold color on the plaster
trim that is around the ceiling in the room.

 
The wallpaper mimics the Aiden Gray mirror.
 
 


 
I love the reflective quality of this paper.  The reflection of the light is so pretty at night.
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Katha said...

Love, love, love it! So new and fresh. Just fabulous!

MT said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Christy said...

It is gorgeous! I think it is my favorite room in your house next to your pantry. The ceiling is stunning!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Absolutely beautiful! Everything.

Unknown said...

Stunning!