Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Brunch

Serving Easter Brunch at Noon was perfect timing.  Fill up on good food, take a walk to the beach, and then come home for a good old nap! 

 
I love planning the flowers for an Easter table. 



This year, I ordered Aiden Gray's wire mesh eggs in 3 graduated sizes filled with spring flowers
from my favorite florist,  Twigs.


And as a extra delightful surprise, one of my dear friends sent me the gorgeous lavender and chartreuse flower arrangement.

 
 
I spotted these beautiful  heads of butter lettuce at our local grocery store and I knew they would be a pretty addition to the tablescape.





Just look at this sweet wire egg filled with some of my favorite flowers. The hand dyed silk ribbon adds a romantic element  to the Easter arrangement.
 


Time to pull out the old German rabbit candy containers.
 
 


 
Another sweet treat from Twigs-  the new velvet strawberries from Hot Skwash!  Could not resist a couple of them   for the table.
 
Handmade flavors for each place setting- made by spray painting a seed starting pot gold and filling with small candies. 


 
The Lindt chocolate carrots get a doily and rhinestone for the holiday table.

 
I decide to use one of my favorite china plates - gold and turquoise with a chartreuse napkin and blue French opaline glasses.
 
 







 








A decadent chocolate egg from Vosges Chocolate for every place setting.
 

 
The table needs a little sparkle, so crystal and gold  Bayel Palais  stems are added to the mix.
 
The menu is prepared- with many new recipes this year!
 

Crab Eggs Benedict

Blueberry Croissant Puff

Baked Ham

Baked Potato Casserole

Roasted Rainbow Carrots

with

Orange Tarragon Sauce

Roasted Spring Asparagus

Pickled Southern Beets

Baked Cinnamon Apples

Blackberry Farm Angel Biscuits

with

 Peach and Blackberry Preserves

Coconut Crème Cake

Meyer Lemon Semifreddo

with

Fresh Summer Berries

 

 
Blueberry Croissant Puff -  yummy!

 
Rainbow carrots with tarragon citrus vinaigrette.



 
Coconut Poke Cake -  so easy and so good!  Recipe follows!
 

 


Blueberry Croissant Puff
Serves: 10 servings
 
Ingredients
  • 3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5½ cups)
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • ⅔ cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
  3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
  5. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
  6. Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.

Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/02/blueberry-croissant-puff.html#JyixA1rt0eKF9ojZ.99


Coconut Poke Cake
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Leslie
Photo By: Dianne
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 2 Hours
Servings: 24
"White cake soaked in sweet creamy coconut milk and smothered in whipped topping and flaked coconut. A real treat for those with a sweet tooth."
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed
milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped
topping, thawed
1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
Directions:
1.Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
2.Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake. Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.



 

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm in happiness overload with this post. The images of your table are enough to make my heart race, but then the food ~ oh, my ~ I want to be a guest at your Easter brunch. Thanks for including the recipes. I'm going to make the blueberry croissant puff. The roasted carrots is a gorgeous dish. I'm saving off this menu and forwarding it to my "chef". This all looks fabulous.
Happy Easter 2015!

Christy said...

a huge thank you for the recipes....I was hoping you would add it. I think my favorite element was the gorgeous green ribbon with the turquoise plates. Twigs is amazing...the flowers are absolutely beautiful!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Stunning, stunning STUNNING, Susan!
Serriously, I want to be you when I grow up! YOU are simply and completely DIVINE.

Happy Easter sweet friend.
xox
Alison

Laurell Banner said...

I am coming to your house next Easter. Your table was magnificent. I need all of the receipes. I think I will copy it for the shower I am having. Looks yummy.
Happy Easter.

frenchbourne said...

Am I reading fairytale farm? Beautiful table setting and menu. Love the idea of the seedling containers sprayed gold for the baskets, the doily and rhinestone on the lindt carrot and the egg from Vosges…of course the blue opaline stemware…if only I had a brain :-)

Mariterese said...

Oh GOD HELP ME -ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Sugar et al. said...

Your post is a visual feast! So many amazing things together. My jaw dropped when I saw the flowers and table setting.

Katha said...

Oh my goodness...SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the wire mesh eggs,and and the place favors are so special! You are once again in your glory!!!