Translate

Monday, November 20, 2017

Converting Twin Beds into a King

After living in the new house for almost 8 months, I am just getting the time to add  final touches to the guest rooms.  I couldn't sell my daughter's twin beds, there were  too many sentimental reasons. So we moved them from Chicago.  Our guests have preferred larger beds, so I decided to move them together and make a king bed.






 I love the detail on these old beds. 

 Heading to one of my favorite stores in Asheville, Porter and Prince, I purchased  Bella Notte pink pillow shams and cases to perk up the white linen bedspreads.


The detail on the satin pillowcase is so pretty. 




 This old coat rack is perfect for guests to hang things on in the room.  








 Velvet pumpkins, pink feathers and a masquerade mask fill the pierced compote.

 Kissed with frost, blush roses and berries add a seasonal winter feel to the room.

 The Restoration Hardware soft gray tulle petal curtains are perfect with the Bella Notte bedding.





The rustic ceiling is a gray washed pine board. 
The floors are painted white and have a gray silk
rug that anchors the beds.


A welcome retreat for a good night's sleep.

5 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Such gorgeous beds! I wouldn't have sold them either! Such a good idea about putting them together!

The soft colors are perfect with the beds and for a guest bedroom!

Jill said...

Love the beds as one!—- a new favorite room for enchanted guests I’m sure!!

Sarah said...

A welcomed retreat, indeed! What a joy it must be to a guest in this room. The bed is exquisite! You were wise to keep the twin beds and create this king. It's the perfect elegant touch for your room. Happy Holidays!

Laurell Banner said...

Beautiful guest room. So inviting.
The colors are so pretty and I love the beds turned into a king.

Katha said...

Perfection! Love the beds as one and how you dressed it all. Those RH drapes are to die for!