Translate

Friday, April 15, 2011

Crystal Decanter Holder Gets a New Purpose






Finding an old silver decanter holder without it's original crystal bottles can be disappointing. But when the holder's details are beautiful, you just have to find another way to use it, because the chances of finding 3 crystal decanters that fit are pretty slim! I found this one at a local flea market and I love using it on my kitchen table. The table in my kitchen is located inside a built- in banquette and evokes the feeling of restaurant dining. So for the center of the table, I placed the old decanter holder on a mirror plateau. Inside the openings, a vase of roses, a candle and and a bottle of wine were placed. The orange roses add color to the neutral palette, and I love the glow of the candle reflecting on the mirror plateau. We have sold quite a few of these old decanter holders at the store, and I wonder how other people are using them. Join us at http://www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com for more ideas to Feather Your Nest!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love it! Looks classy and elegant. Diane

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Its darling~ I love it- it's a beautiful piece even without the decanters! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)