Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Peeps for my Peeps



































My grandchildren, "the littles", were coming to Easter Brunch. While the Easter bunny had left toys and Easter baskets for them, it was the decorated cake that my four year old grandson loved. I could not resist Peeps for my little peeps; the little marshmallow chicks bring back so many childhood memories. While my big peeps enjoyed Peepochinos, peeps in black coffee, "the littles" enjoyed warm peeps on their sweet potatoes and peeps on their cake! For the first time ever, the 2 year old twins and 4 year old Logan ate Easter Brunch at the "big" table. It was a "big day" for "the littles", complete with bunnies and eggs. Sam's Club coconut cake, easily embellished with pink macaroon nests, eggs, and Peeps was delicious. A package of their beautiful artisan lettuces was perfect to tuck around the legs of the vintage rabbit candy containers. Small square vases of tulips and hydrangeas added spring color to the center of the table. Vintage china and my mother's silver were used with pink and gold wine glasses. The "littles" did great at the "big" table, not one spill! After brunch, the Easter bunny had hidden eggs in the yard for them to find! But these eggs held quarters - too many Peeps and too many chocolate eggs had already been eaten by "the littles". We will be joining www.astrollthrulife.blogspot.com for Tablescape Tuesday. Be sure to visit for some great ideas.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully decorated table! Love the picture of your grandchildren. Your brunch sounds lovely - Happy Easter!

Katha said...

So glad you had a great Easter. Everything looks adorable especially the "littles".
The coconut cake and lettuces look very enticing. Yum Yum

Ann Pecard said...

This is just beautiful, and so inspiring! I've already bookmarked it to steal some of your ideas for next Easter. Also, I made your "Virginia Buttermilk Biscuits" from "Romancing The Home Entertains" for our Easter dinner. They were a big hit!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, your tablescape is stunning. I love your bunny centerpiece, so beautiful. Your peeps are precious. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

Your grandchildren are darling! You really captured your wonderful day in this post!!

Have a great week!

XO,
Janie

lvroftiques said...

Beautiful tablescape and adorable peeps! *winks* And I'm not only talking about the marshmallow kind. Love your blog! And I know I'd LOVE your store. Your newest follower....Vanna

jill miller said...

The littles are getting so big!! --& so cute!! Of course the tablescape is glorious! You continue to be an inspiration to all!