Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chocolate Orange Squares from Southern Lady

















I love Southern Lady magazine and always find great recipes in every issue.


Today I tried a new recipe from Southern Lady's November/December issue - Chocolate Orange Squares. They are kind of like a brownie with a cheesecake filling and an orange chess pie topping. So moist, they melt in your mouth. The only change I would make is to add a bit more orange zest to the topping and perhaps a drop of orange flavoring to enhance the orange flavor ( only because I love a chocolate and orange combination). The top is crispy and flaky , similar to the top of a chess pie. Perhaps a candied orange peel would be pretty on the top of each one- I'll remember to do that the next time! They look so pretty under the glass patisserie stand, a new item that we sell at Romancing the Home.

No comments: