Translate

Friday, December 21, 2012

Sights of Christmas

A glimpse of the decorations at our home
 


I love Christmas time at home.  It's all about the bows, lights and glitter!
 
the dining room buffet- ready to serve

this year we decided to go red and green in the dining room

 

 
 
antique stemware washed and ready to go on the table


still working on this centerpiece - love the new little battery operated lights-perfect for this use!
 
Santa by the stove
 
urns in the dining room filled with greens, cabbages and icy branches
 
new pillow via Etsy - suggested on Splenderosa's blog- thank you Marcia!
 
kitchen dining area- cozy and ready for breakfast

 
 
 
festive chocolate passion mini torte from the local bakery- for dinner tonight!


My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter arrived  last night for Christmas. Today we will spend the day doing last minute shopping.  A light dusting of snow fell last night, just in time for Christmas. I still haven't finished my tree or done any mantels- but no one seems to care! Also need to finish the dining room table.  Maybe tonight????
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

I think if you quit right now the decor would be enough ...oh don't get me wrong .... it's just stunning ...

have a beautiful family time

Sopa Azul said...

Wow, your house is a dream! I like eeeeeeverything. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Greetings from Spain! :O)

Splenderosa said...

OMG, that pillow! Looks right at home among all your lovely things.
Sending my best wishes for the happiest holiday season ever !!

Emily said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family Susan! Happy New Year too...can't wait to hear about all the changes and I'm very excited for you..but I am very sentimental about the shop...I will be in soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the dining room urns and the antique stemware is gorgeous.
Merry, merry!
Christy