Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Elves Decorate Mansion in a Day!

On Thursday night, Julie, Katha and Candy came over to cover 2 sets of World Books
with plaid papers and then Mod Podge the covers! Need them to fill the library shelves!

On Friday, Jill and I headed out to favorite places to find antiques to fill the mansion's
enormous bar. We were very lucky than day and came home with a full car!
All will be for sale on Wednesday at the tour.

A great find of our day- this enormous crystal ice bucket!
We created special little Christmas scenes in great lanterns for the kitchen area.

Love this little turquoise lantern with the trees1
Jill and I found lots of little containers to be filled with fresh roses and ferns for Wednesday!
We glittered and flocked for 10 days, creating large swags to be placed throughout the house.

 
 
Glittered fruit embellished with vintage jewels from Jill and my trip on Friday-
going to the breakfast room at the house.
 


 
Candy's masterpiece tree in the living room- magnificent if I do say so myself!

Linda D had the job of creating the breakfast table in the small conservatory - here's a peak at the beginning stages.
Just wait until I can show you the completed room!  Wow! 
Our signature angel dressed and ready to greet the guests on Wednesday!
All of my little elves - taking a well deserved break for lunch! Not a bad spot for lunch.

Yesterday, the Romancing the Home girls met at the Schweppe Estate to start the Woodlands House Walk decorations.  The girls  that were seeing it for the first time - said "no way can we fill this house in one day". But we did!  Ten days of intense preparation made it happen !Yes, sometimes it takes a village as they say.  We divided and conquered.  I'll show you each of their creations in the next couple of blogs.  I am so proud of my girls.  Laurell even got the inventory system nailed down for the event.  This is a Holiday Home tour that you will not want to miss.  You can get tickets online by going to the Woodlands Academy web site. The walk is on this Wednesday, December 5th from 10 to 3.  Three additional homes, plus the Schweppe Mansion are on this year's tour.! www.woodlandsacademy.org

6 comments:

frenchbourne said...

Yes no one thought this could be accomplished in one day. Of course you made it happen. We all know though to make that happen Santa did not sleep since finding out about this project and have been at it round the clock. Thats one miracle of pulling it off but the real magic is the beauty of it. The pictures are beautiful but what a site to see it in person. The sad thing is it's only available for viewing one day. I hope everyone comes out to see it.

Emily said...

You all are so fabulous...loving the tree and completely crazy for the feathery tablecloth...a lot of talent resides in your shop!! I am going to try to make that tour!

Katha said...

Whew, what a day! It was great to be a part of it.
The lucky people on the house tour are going to be blown away!

Anonymous said...

Good job gals! Never cease to amaze me! I'm sure you all have eaten a pound of glitter by now! - JWH

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous so far! Can't wait to see the final product! Julie has been texting me photos per my request. - Giselle

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous so far! Can't wait to see the final product! Julie has been texting me photos per my request. - Giselle