Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Miller Wedding- First Stop After Paris!

Landing at O'Hare at 3pm yesterday from Paris, our first  mission was to get to my dear friend's sons  5:30 wedding in the city.  And we made it with not a moment to spare!  It was a gorgeous ceremony at Café Bauer in the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Later this week, I promise stories from France, but for today, I want to celebrate this important milestone in   my friend Jill's life, the marriage of her  son, Matthew.

Jill and I have been friends for almost 30 years.  Along with our friend Marlene, we were store managers  for Marshall Fields, raised our children together, solved the world's problems together ( especially retailing problems!)  and were each others confidants.  Now we are in the time of our lives, where our children are starting their own lives and  getting married. I knew this wedding of Jill and Barry's son, would be a glorious occasion, but with many tears of joy from Jill. 
 
 
The Ceremony
 
 
 Etereal white chuppah  for the marriage ceremony

 
Stunning white arrangements to mark the aisle.
 
 
Happy and tearful, Jill looks gorgeous in her navy taffeta gown.
She watches her future daughter in law come down the aisle.
Her expression brings tears to my eyes too!  Marlene is sitting beside me
and I see her grab her husband's hand and squeeze it.
 
 
 
Ashley looks radiant walking down the aisle to "Blackbird" by the Beatles.
She is such a sweet and gorgeous  girl.  Jill and Barry are getting a delightful addition to their family.
 
 



The 3 Miller women, Jill and her two beautiful daughters watch the vows taking place.


A happy Ashley and Matthew walking down the aisle as a married couple!
 

 
Jill and Barry right behind!

 
The Reception
 
 The elephant with its upturned trunk- a sign of happiness- was used as the icon for the wedding invitations, menu and place card table. 
Jill collected antique elephants for Matthew when he was a child.


Bridesmaid's bouquets of glorious hot pink peonies.

 Bride's bouquet of white peonies- simply divine!
 
Shoe's off and  ready to dance


Gorgeous bouquets on the tables for  the seven course dinner
 

Marlene and Ryan
 

Nancy and Bob -  Nancy was another old Marshall Field's colleaque!
 
 the mother son dance!
 
love Matt's smile
 

 

 
Jill and Barry



 Ashley's bracelet- so pretty!  a future heirloom!
 
 
This was  a wedding of happiness and joyful tears
- stately, sophisticated and yet touching to the heart. Another important milestone  for Jill 
just happened .  As I reflect on the past thirty years, it seems like Marlene, Jill and I were just talking about what Santa was going to bring our little ones.  Gosh, life flies by quickly. It is a wonderful thing to have  lifetime friends.

Between Marlene, Jill and I , we have nine children.  Three weddings down--- six to go!  Wonder whose child will be next??  No immediate plans, but there is romance in the air!  My bets on Marlene, but who knows????? 
 
Ashley and Matthew,
 may your life be blessed with wonderful friends!
 
 
 
 
 








 

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Susan,
Thank you for sharing this.
I was a buyer of fashion jewelry for Frederick & Nelson, a division of Marshall Field and Company in the early to mid 80's.

I miss the magic...
I felt it once again in this sweet post!
The best of blessings to all!
~Lynne
withLove!

The enchanted home said...

Congrats to the beautiful couple! All the details are gorgeous..happy to see the urn I sell (and own myself) filled with the flowers..how gorgeous it looks! Thanks for sharing.

Katha said...

What a beautiful post,Susan! It gave me the goosebumps. So glad you all could share yet one more milestone together. Jill and the Bride both looked radiant.
Lovely setting.

Anonymous said...

Ok Iam crying all over again-- thanks sooooo much Susan for recapping this wonderful event for us and for always being such a wonderful friend!!
Love, always,
Jill

Jill said...

OK-- I'm crying all over again!!
Thanks so much Susan for capturing this wonderful evening for us!--- but as importantly, thanks for being such a wonderful friend for all of these past years and for the ones to come!
Love,
Jill

frenchbourne said...

I was wondering how we were going to get you back from France, now I see why....what a finale!!! Yes, one look at Jill and I had tears in my eyes too. How beautiful everyone and everything. Loved how the elephants were incorporated into the venu and stayed so sophisticated and elegant. Congratulations to all and many blessings, Linda

frenchbourne said...

I was wondering how we were going to get you back from France, now I see why....what a finale!!! Yes, one look at Jill and I had tears in my eyes too. How beautiful everyone and everything. Loved how the elephants were incorporated into the venu and stayed so sophisticated and elegant. Congratulations to all and many blessings, Linda