Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Reflections







I love the reflection of candles in a room at night. With all of the beautiful white lights and candles lit , New Year's Eve is a time to reflect on the past year and a time to look forward to the New Year. 2009 was a tough economic year, especially for small retailers. However, with survival at stake, we just had to get better, get tougher, and get more excited about life. And a great year's memories were made -highlights included helping Mariterese with Alligator Point, her son's wedding at the Bee Hive, our trip to the Wine country with my sister and brother-in-law, my anniversary trip to Quebec City and our great trip to Kansas City. In February our twin grandsons were born and two weeks before Christmas our first grand daughter was born! And Romancing the Home survived another year with a great Holiday Season. So next Tuesday, I leave for Atlanta to buy 2010 Spring and Christmas for the store. But how do I know what's going to happen in 2010? I don't - but I do know we will survive and continue to offer the customers, the most exciting merchandise that we can find. I am grateful for my wonderful staff, Laurell, Candy, Amy, Penney, Julie, and Katha, who support the store in unspoken ways. My friend Lynda, flies up on moment's notice to help me with store events. And of course there is the constant input from my wonderful customers and close friends, Jill and Marlene. And when I need a high light bulb changed, my husband continues to be the best maintenance man . How lucky can a girl be? Thank you from the bottom of my heart- my family, my friends, and my wonderful loyal customers.

1 comment:

Lynda Sue said...

What a great reflection on 2009. I'm so glad I could be a part of so many events. Let's hope 2010 will bring us all what we need...health, happiness and the wealth that comes from family and friends.
Cheers!!!
Lynda Sue