Translate

Monday, May 31, 2010

Can the weather ever make up it's mind? Not in Chicago!












I didn't think we could get through Memorial Day weekend without some type of bad weather-it's storming now! I have lived here for 26 years, and I don't ever remember a Memorial Day weekend with perfect weather. So it's a good thing I set my table for dinner outside yesterday! Since Memorial Day is the kickoff to summer barbecues and the grilling season, it is appropriate to have your first barbecue of the season during this weekend. So with the best intentions, I set a summertime dinner table outside in the grass! It was a beautiful day - in the high 70's by the lake. Using sea fans as place mats, I used a casual ironstone plate and these cool antique crab casseroles that my friend Marlene gave me. Using a long rectangular glass vase, I filled it with herbs from the herb garden and water for the centerpiece. Clear floating candles in the water make it really glow! But good thing it was yesterday! Now it's nippy and still raining. I think I'll make a pot of soup!

No comments: