Translate

Friday, March 25, 2011

Blue Mystique Orchids













I went to the grocery store to pick up lunch yesterday, and was suddenly stopped in my tracks-- a gorgeous blue orchid was sitting on the shelf in the floral department. The blue color was exquisite. At first I thought it was dyed, but after reading the tag, I realized it's a new orchid. I just had to have one- well, maybe another one for my friend too! This morning, I was off to Home Depot to get small plants and additional less expensive orchids ( they have an awesome assortment at great prices) to make an orchid arrangement for the window at the end of my butler's pantry. Using reindeer moss and angel vine, I "dressed" the orchids and then placed them in an old wine crate. I love the contrast of the elegant orchids in the more rustic container. Adding smaller plants from Home Depot filled in the gaps in the box. I then created another arrangement in a basket to give to my friends who had just loss their mother. Orchids are easy to care for and last a long time, so hopefully they can enjoy it for many months to come. Be sure to visit http://www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/ to explore other ways to feather your nest!

2 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely beautiful orchid!! I have not seen any like that - the color is amazing! I love how you have it planted and displayed~ gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at FNF! :)

Katha said...

Love the blue orchids and the basket for a friend. I had just seen the blue orchids at a local garden shop and had thought they were a hybrid. You have enlighteded me.