Translate

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Screen Porch Refurbished!
























This was the year to paint the porch- what a tedious project! But with an empty space and to make the most of a tough situation, I decided to re-decorate! Re-arrange the furniture, change the accessories and get some new outdoor rugs were all on my to-do list. I found that both Ballard Designs and Home Decorators had great outdoor rugs. The one shown here is from Ballard. I accessorized the burlap covered table with a vintage paper mache frog, my collection of resin mushrooms and chestnuts, and a little collection of green glasses- so pretty with tea lights in them in the evening hours. The green and gold tin fans are actually sandwich holders from France - given to me by a dear friend years ago. Both the chair and sofa are covered with outdoor fabrics from Robert Allen, an outdoor velvet and zebra printed chenille. The first roses of the year are in a vintage silver sugar bowl on the coffee table. Now with a pile of magazines and a glass of wine, this porch is the best place to be in the summer.

1 comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Look lovely to me!
Wouldn't mind hanging out there for awhile!! lol

Blessings, Nellie