Translate

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cookeville Collectors Club















My friend, Marlene, invited Jill and I down to Tennessee to give a presentation of our new book- "Romancing the Home Entertains" to her Collectors Club. We decided to set up tablescapes using antique china mixed with new elements. The homeowner, Sue, had the most beautiful collection of antique china, so it was fun to mix her treasures with new things from our store, such as the over sized croco gold chargers. She had so many beautiful salad plates, that we decided to mix and match them on the table. Using rhinestone brooches as napkin rings on our animal print napkins, we added a touch of whimsy to the elegant cobalt blue table. The local Kroger had just received the vivid blue orchids, so we could not resist them for our centerpiece. Simply placing three in an over sized vintage compote, we filled the outside with fresh greens. Vintage cobalt and gold water tumblers were mixed with Sue's crystal. The cobalt blue taffeta tablecloth was layered over Sue's gold damask cloth. Sue's beautiful home overlooking Centerville Lake was the perfect setting for this elegant table.

Please joinwww.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for other inspiring tablescapes.

7 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

OMG! You really have talent!!! How I wish I could come and see how you do the process to make a table perfect setting.

TY for sharing,
/chie

Anonymous said...

Amazingly beautiful. You have an incredible talent.

Marigene said...

Stunning table! Even the orchids are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this eye candy...

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Wow-so elegant and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing your posts and seeing so many beautiful things presented. And a book on top of that. You are one talented gal.
Thanks for your visit, and do come again. I'll be back as well.

Entertaining Women said...

This is my kind of tablescape! Just gorgeous. Thank you for inviting us to the collectors club and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

Alycia Nichols said...

Hi there, Susan! The orchids immediately caught my eye. They are so pretty...so rich with color. The table is gorgeous all round. I love the brooches as napkin rings! It is always so much fun to play in the dishes and see how everything "old" can be "new" again! Antique dishes paired with a few comtemporary touches...perfection! Thank you for stopping by my place a few days ago. I've been battling the flu and am just now getting a few moments out of the bed to get on the computer. I am SO bored!!! I NEED the stimulation and cheer that the ladies and gentlemen of Tablescape Thursday bring!!! Have a wonderful week!