Translate

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebration Table










There is something about the British Royalty that is fascinating to watch- such an archaic system, yet so enchanting and fairytale like.  Afterall, everyone loves a great fairytale.  I couldn't help but want a little piece of the celebration- 60 years as Queen Elizabeth- a little piece of this history lesson to have as my own.  So I ordered the dessert plates designed for the celebration from The Royal Collection  (www.royalcollectionshop.co.uk). They are beautifully made with a gold band and the royal crest - God Save The Queen!  Setting the table with my  crown embellished china from the old Helmsley Hotel in New York and hotel silver from Pottery Barn, I felt quite royal myself!  An assortment of crowns from my daughter's collection were used to embellish the table, along with just three single white roses placed in a crystal compote.  Vintage crystal from France added the necessary sparkle to the setting.  A blue taffeta tablecloth russels softly as one sits at the table and leans back against the beaded and crested  pillows.  Time for tea anyone?  We will be joining www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for Tablescape Thursday.  Please visit.

7 comments:

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I would definitely feel like royalty sitting at this beautifully simple elegant table.

allisamazing said...

What a beautiful table - fit for the queen herself. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Just beautiful, Susan!
Love the new plates.
Perfection.

Just added you to the Illinois blogger list on my side bar.

Hope you are enjoying the weather like I am!

xox
A

Alycia Nichols said...

Susan, I am just floating on air to see this gorgeous setting!!! The dinner plates from the New York hotel are unbelivably fabulous, and the dessert plates...I could just faint a thousand times over!!! I am headed over to royalcollectionshop.com to check out what else is available. PERFECT representation of the Queen's Diamond Jubiliee celebration, but we can be a Queen for a day in our own homes, too! In fact, I think this would do quite nicely for my 55th birthday! :-) The 3 white roses in the compote spoke volumes!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Marlis said...

Susan, this table is splendid indeed. I love the commemorative plates. The crowns are wonderful accessories. I love it! And your pillows are wonderful pieces.. xo marlis

Diane said...

I adore England and I adore your table! Those plates are to die for!!! You did a wonderful job putting everything together - wow. The Queen should be honored.

Donna at the Scarlet Petticoat said...

what a great idea!! you have captured every detail to make it perfect!! i love the simple grandeur of the whole setting.