Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Southeastern Designer Showhouse and Gardens

I am just returning from a weekend in Atlanta.  I was able to attend the inaugural Southeastern Designer Showhouse and Gardens while visiting.   Imagine touring a 22,000 square foot residence that some of the nation's most recognized designers had created!

 Entry
 

 Foyer
 
Study by Robert Brown


 
Notice the coffered and lacquered ceiling.
 
 
 

 
 

Dining room by Suzanne Kasler- I love her work.
 
Great room by Barbara Westbrook- one of my favorite designers!


 Kitchen with it's massive 12 foot island.
 
 
 
 

 
Love the color of the countertops! 

 
Butlers pantry with Wolf oven and steam oven.

 
Hi-technology throughout the home.
 
 
 
 
Informal dining room.
 
 
Floor pattern in all of the hallways.
 
 
Master Bedroom Suite
 
 

 Master bedroom. by Phoebe Howard
 
Sitting area in the master bedroom.

Master Bath with a massive walk through shower behind the tub wall!




 
His closet!

 
Another sitting room! 
 
Wallpapered ceiling in master suite sitting room and closet area for the lady of the house.
 
 
And of course- a trendy bar cart.
 
Guest room on the 2nd floor- notice the marbled ceiling treatment.
 
 
 
Guest Room

 
Another sitting room!  What is one to do with 22,000 square feet to decorate? 
 
 Terrace off the kitchen.
 
TV on the outside terrace-- tucked in and cozy!
 
 
 
2800 Square foot guest and pool house

Gorgeous infinity pool
 

 Guest house sitting room
 Upholstered barn doors to the bedroom in the guest house.
 
 
Guest  house lower level sitting room.  Notice the upside down portrait!
 
 
 
Guest house sitting room and kitchen
 
 
 
This was certainly an afternoon that was filled with inspiring ideas. 

5 comments:

Christy said...

The entry had me intrigued immediately.....so grand and gorgeous. I'll take the pool house....perfect size! I agree, the kitchen countertop color was amazing!

Ron said...

I want that man's closet/dressing room. Gorgeous home.

Katha said...

Holy Smokes! How many hours did it take you to go through that house?! That place is enormous, but I agree, great inspiration. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Hope you had a wonderful time in Atlanta!

Laurell Banner said...

Just beautiful. Loved the kitchen with the counter tops and pewter.
I am sure those lacqured ceilings were awesome.
I am with Christy on that pool house.
Loved the upholstered barn doors.

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

I'm so happy that I discovered your blog…I've had fun going through your posts. Great decorating ideas but I'm glad I'm not the one that would have to furnish all theses rooms in real life. :D