Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Antique Addict






My girlfriend, Lynda, and I have just returned from a local flea market. It seems harder and harder to find good stuff, especially locally. But we did find a few cool things. My daughter is getting ready to move into her first place, so we bought her these matching chairs. If we lacquer them white, and put a modern pattern fabric on them, they will be pretty hip! A grouping of old Parisian fashion prints , all in gold frames, will look stunning when all together on a wall. The darling floral centerpiece of white cherubs will be very sophisticated with just herbs or boxwood in the containers.
The Italian jewelry box will be added to a collection that I already own, along with the awesome rhinestone compact. Then on to a different look in the butlers pantry, the vintage coffee urn will find its new home. Not too much for the store today------It's been tooooooo long since I have been antiquing and I really need a fix!
On a side note, Lynda bought some really cool French prints that we are going to try to silkscreen on to a fabric. Will advise on that project later! Wish us luck!

No comments: