Translate

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Dinner Party is Divine!













I was excited to go to Laurell's for a holiday gathering last night and took my camera for many photo opportunities. As I went to shoot my first shot of her exquisite cocktail, I realized I had left my camera battery in the charger at home. So I apologize for the picture quality as I had to use my phone camera. First a yummy cranberry margarita - perfectly shaved ice in an antique martini glass, rimmed in pink sugar and garnished with fresh cranberries- to die for! Laurell's table was set with new silver chargers from Romancing the Home and her collection of antique crystal and china. For the centerpiece, she used a snow fairy captured under a cloche and little satellite vases of fresh greens and roses. It was gorgeous. And overlooking the table was a beautiful Christmas tree that she had placed upon an urn to get height in the corner of the room. It was an enchanted room filled with Christmas spirit. The dinner served was a beautiful salad of artisinal lettuces, pecan and cranberries, Christy's Veal ( from our cookbook), Fettuccine Alfredo, and then for dessert, Laurell's Cherry Berry on a Cloud dessert ( cherry compote on a meringue shell ,) just gorgeous to look at and tasted wonderful. The veal was moist and tender and had an aromatic coating of capers and lemon and was the best veal dish that I have ever eaten. It was a wonderful dinner party with my favorite people in the world - my girls!

1 comment:

c. Joy said...

Cranberry margarita...*SIGH* Everything is beautiful. I'm delighted, inspired, and thirsty.