Translate

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Day Festivities

Every year, it seems Easter gets a little larger at our house------------------if you know what I mean. This year we added two adults and one dog to the festivities.  My son and his family from Montana were visiting, along with my daughter and her boyfriend, and their two dogs.  My youngest son and his new girlfriend also joined the noisy day-  four dogs barking, three little boys finding Easter eggs and toys from the Easter bunny and my very loud adult children carrying on lively conversations!   Not one quiet moment - and I mean  not one- allllllllllllllllllll  day!

Brunch was served-  Blueberry French Toasts, Grits with Boursin Cheese, Orange Bourbon Glazed Ham,  Pasta Salad with a Lime Basil Vinaigrette, Biscuits with Raspberry Curd, Roasted Asparagus, Strawberries with Basil, Lemon Zest and Grand Marnier.

 
A pink Easter table for this year!





 
Shades of pink and white hyacinths and tulips




 
cute pink polka dot napkins from Home Goods




The bunnies are old German candy containers- their heads twist off and the body is filled with candy.


And for dessert-  sweet little rose cupcakes- filled with raspberry buttercream
accompanied by a salted caramel chocolate bunny!  All from Jolly Good Fellows located
on the square in  Lake Forest!


 
After that little feast- I wanted a nap- but oh no! Not for me today- with  three little boys tugging-
"when's the Easter Egg hunt???"
 
So next it was time for the Easter Egg hunt!
Trust me- there was already enough sugar high happening- so the eggs were filled with
quarters and dollar bills! ( Four and six year olds"  dream come true" for the dollar store!)
 
 
 
Bags in hand-

 
Ready- Set - Go!


 
After the Easter egg hunt- it was time to head to the beach to fly the kites!
 
So we gathered the 4 dogs- the kites- the kids and walked down to the beach! It was a beautiful sunny warm day- one of the first this year!
 
 
Papa Jay and Addison having a heart to heart about the other 3 boy dogs.
"Just keep me away from them- okay????"

 
Julie, my daughter and her boyfriend, Jon, helping to get the kites up in the sky





Kayleigh  and Biscuit- our old 17 year old very  grumpy dog! 






Roscoe- digging for treasure in the sand!  Where's that bunny???

 
Tyler and his new girlfriend climbing the rocks-

 
 
 
 
Success!  
 
 
Happy Easter everyone!
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter ;-)

Smiles~
Mari

Christy said...

Tulips, dogs, sand, sun, cute kids, good food....a recipe for a perfect day! Terrific pictures....you captured the day!

Sarah said...

This is the most elegant and charming Easter table! I've adding a collection of your images to my Easter Inspiration Board. This is totally delightful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I've been following your blog and love your aesthetics :) ..always made my day by reading your blog.
I've tried to ask you question via your site of store but couldn't reach you.
Just wondering if it's possible for you to do international shipping of your book for me.
Please contact me at my email pinhjoycewu@hotmail.com if you don't mind. thank you and looking foward to hearing from you

Cheers,
Joyce

Laurell Banner said...

I can't believe those kids are growing up. It looks like everyone had a great day, even the dogs. Love the picture of papa Jay and Addison. Looked like a very interesting conversation.

The Tablescaper said...

What a glorious celebration!

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Linda said...

I'm late here but I just saw this on Pinterest and visited your page. With that wonderful menu, no wonder more people keep coming for Easter! Lol Sign me up for this year, please! Loved it all!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas