Translate

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Perfect Shade of Pink- Hand-Dyed Ribbon

One of  our customer's daughters is getting married soon.  I was asked to hand-dye 350 yards of ribbon to tie on to the menu cards.  And the color chosen just happened to be my favorite color of pink!  As I began planning  the process of dying this massive amount of ribbon, one of my friends sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for my birthday. And it just happened to have the inspirational color! Stunning David Austin roses- my absolute favorite.

 
I knew that this was the perfect shade of pink -



Pretty good match - don't you think!  Using an ivory color French seam binding, I used two colors of pink dye to get the multi-colored effect. 

 The roses are starting to wilt now, as  it's been a week since my birthday. But I think they are lovelier as they begin to fade and gave me more inspiration to create that shabby chic pink.



 
390 yards later- all piled on the kitchen island- dried and ready to pack.

 
The mother of the bride purchased this rhinestone birdcage at our last sale.

 I wonder how she will use it- 
 

 
 
Yes- it the perfect shade of pink!


3 comments:

Christy said...

All I can say is WOW! So so pretty!

Sarah said...

Wow! Wow! You get a double Wow from me. This is gorgeous!

Katha said...

Beautiful! The menu cards will be perfectly appointed! The roses are gorgeous too!