Translate

Monday, July 4, 2011

Breakfast on the Terrace


























The chance to eat outside without bugs is very rare in Northern Illinois. But today is perfect for breakfast outside on the terrace, no bugs and 78 degrees! A shabby chic tablecloth from Target is the back ground for the Anna Weatherley powder blue chargers. Antique plates, embellished with gold trim and pink orchids, are the perfect size for a light breakfast. My birthday flowers still look great and work well with my outdoor tablescape. The vintage gold rimmed glasses make the orange juice special. My friend Lynda's homemade jam, blueberry and vanilla, tastes awesome on the cranberry walnut toast. Fresh blueberries and kiwis are the perfect accompaniment to the light breakfast. Even a simple meal tastes better when served outside on vintage silver and china! My friend Mariterese has taught me to use "the good stuff" everyday - it makes every meal a special occasion. Why have it if you don't use it !!! Please be sure to visit www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com for other inspiring tables.

8 comments:

Southerncook said...

What a stunning breakfast table in the garden. I agree, why have something if you don't use it. I also collect Anna Weatherly but collect the handpainted salad plates. I am loving those chargers. Your antique plates are also gorgeous. An amazing table.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Unknown said...

I love your quiet and elegant table. That china is so beautiful. I love how the blue chargers highlight those delicate pink plates. So french, so Marie Antoinette, and so wonderful for a serene breakfast for two. The label on your friends jam is so artistic, an art piece for the table. Exquisite!

a quiet life said...

beautiful~

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh, GORGEOUS, all of it!!!
Excellent pictures, too -- I want to BE there in that al fresco setting with that beautiful table and soft summer air ... just beautiful!

The china is really outstanding!
Cass

Alycia Nichols said...

What an exquisite breakfast setting! Everything is just the epitome of quiet elegance!

Karin Şen Cankan said...

Beautiful table setting.

Fresh fruit has always been my fav.

Thank you for sharing.

Lots of Love,
Karin Şen Cankan
karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

OOoooooh I want some of that Jelly!!! Sounds delicious:*~:*~ We forget to use our "good stuff" for ourselves it's true, we can't take it along with us when we leave can we?

I am your newest follower, I hope you will hop on over to my place for a visit!!

~~Wendy

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

What a treat to be able to wake up to breakie on that beautifully set table in the lovely garden! Ahhh, relaxing and inviting!

DD